A rechargeable lamp with an accessible design
Known for their superior optics, the German manufacturer Schweizer has developed an innovative low vision rechargeable lamp designed to meet the needs of visually impaired people.
Why is proper lighting so important for low vision?
In our blog, we have discussed at length the importance of lighting for low vision, and the particular benefits of LED bulbs. We have argued that when it comes to low vision, the most important aspect of lighting is controlling your lighting environment. We break it down into 5 key areas:
- Uniformity. Create a working area that is brightly and evenly lit.
- Angle. Use an adjustable lamp. To minimize glare, position the lamp to the side.
- Intensity. Adjust the light’s intensity according to the amount of light needed for various tasks.
- Temperature. Lights should be cool to the touch. Avoid bulbs that generate heat to keep your environment comfortable and safe.
- Color. LEDs produce clean crisp light, increasing contrast and clarity and reducing glare. In comparison, traditional bulbs have a yellow tinge which can distort contrast and colors and produce glare.
The Multilight Pro is a high-quality rechargeable lamp that hits all these marks and more.
The large lamp head with integrated LED bulbs provides completely uniform lighting with no dim areas.
The lamp is flexible to ensure optimal lighting while minimizing glare. The lamp head can be swiveled in any direction and even pulled down all the way to the top of your working surface.
And because it’s rechargeable, you can take it with you anywhere!
The Multilight Pro features 2 brightness levels (100% and 70%) for optimal task lighting.
Unlike traditional light bulbs, LEDs remain cool to the touch and generate virtually no heat. Better for you and for the environment, too.
3-in-1 lighting provides a color selection of cool white (6500K), neutral white (4500K), or warm white (2700K).
One of the most exciting features of the Multilight Pro is that it is a rechargeable lamp! The lithium-ion battery lasts for 4 hours on a full charge (3-hour charging time). Whether you are baking bread in the kitchen or sorting through boxes in the garage, you can easily transport it from room-to-room. Or, fold it up and take it with you on your travels.
Thoughtfully designed for the visually impaired user, the Multilight Pro low vision lamp also features a large central control panel in contrasting colors for easy one-touch operation. And, it has an easy-to-recognize battery status.
Schweizer Multilight Pro Rechargeable Lamp Specifications
Base dimensions: 5.3 x 6.9 x 4.7 in
Flexible arm length: 11.8 in
Weight: 3.57 lb; cord length: 59 in
Light source: LED
3 color temperatures (2700K – 4500K – 6500K)