Compact 10 HD Speech Optelec Magnifier
Optelec magnifiers are high-quality, easy-to-use, and reliable. Find out how the Compact 10 HD Speech can help simplify your daily tasks.
Optelec’s Compact 10 HD Speech magnifier instantly powers on, just like your phone. Thanks to this incredibly short start-up time, you can start reading immediately. What else makes the Compact 10 unique? Here are some key highlights:
- Ergonomic swing-out arm
- Full-page text-to-speech
- 3 cameras for different viewing needs
- Personalized controls
Read on to learn more!
Optelec magnifier with more overview
The Optelec Compact 10 HD’s large, high-definition 10” touch screen allows you to fit more text on the screen for maximum overview. With more words on the screen simultaneously, reading becomes that much easier. Even at the highest magnification level, you’ll have a better understanding of the text.
Unique swing-out arm
Perhaps the most unique feature of the Compact 10 is the swing-out arm. This innovative design transforms the user experience. You are not limited to reading only traditional materials such as newspapers, letters, and magazines. With the arm unfolded, you can view medicine packaging such as prescription meds and supplements, and even read round cans, without being restricted in your movements. You can also use the arm for frustration-free writing, such as signing documents or doing crossword puzzles.
Optelec magnifier with speech
In addition to all the functions and features that the Compact 10 HD has to offer, the Optelec Compact 10 HD Speech integrates full-page OCR text-to-speech.
Listen to full-page documents with your Optelec magnifier
Using the convenient indicator at the foot of the device, simply place your document and take a snapshot. The Compact 10 HD Speech effortlessly captures a whole page and reads it aloud to you.
Listen to smaller pieces of text
You can also listen to text while in magnifier mode. Place the Compact 10 HD Speech on top of the document you want to read, press the snapshot button, and the Compact 10 HD Speech reads the text aloud.
Optelec Magnifier User Benefits
High-contrast, large button User Interface
The user interface of the Compact 10 HD Speech Optelec magnifier is built with big buttons in high-contrast colors. You can also personalize the interface by choosing your preferred mode (Easy or Advanced), color theme (Light or Dark), and button bar position (Bottom or Side).
Easy and Advanced Mode
Switch between Easy and Advanced Mode at any time by long pressing the Mode button.
The default Easy Mode is the most user-friendly and easy to use. In this streamlined mode, only see buttons you use the most: contrast, magnification, and snapshot.
In Advanced Mode, users have access to more advanced options, such as the Menu, Clock, and Documents. In the Settings Menu, configure the unit to your preferences by selecting dark or light theme, button position, light & sound settings, Miracast, and more.
Here are sample screenshots of the device in Easy and Advanced Mode:
Compact 10 HD Optelec Magnifier in Easy Mode
Optelec Compact 10 HD in Advanced Mode
3 task-specific cameras on the Compact 10 Optelec Magnifier
The Compact 10 HD Speech portable magnifier has 3 cameras. Each serves a specific purpose:
- Reading camera for viewing documents at a table or desk
- Swing-out full page camera for full page Text-to-Speech, placing your signature, looking at round objects, and more
- Overview camera for seeing objects and text at a short distance
The Optelec difference
Since 1975, the Optelec family of brands has focused on delivering simple yet effective solutions to make life more accessible. One of the top manufacturers in the industry, Optelec is represented exclusively by AdaptiVision in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. If you are located in New England and would like to request a free in-home demonstration of the Compact 10 or any other Optelec products, please contact us.
Order the Optelec Compact 10 today!
Includes a 2 year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Compact 10 HD Speech is also available without Text-to-Speech – a more economical version for those who need magnification and high contrast options. Learn more about the Compact 10 HD.
If you would like to learn more, simply request a free, no obligation consultation by completing our online form.Get Answers
Portable Magnifier Features & Specifications
Optelec Compact 10 Features
- View and magnify text, objects and photos
- Text-to-Speech: listen as the Compact 10 HD Speech reads full pages of text to you
- Instant on – ready when you need it
- More words on screen and more overview thanks to the large, 10” touch screen
- Customizable, high contrast touch screen buttons
- Easy switching between Easy and Advanced Mode:
- Easy Mode for increased ease-of-use: contrast and magnification only
- Advanced Mode for additional functions: menu, clock, and extra options
- 3 cameras
- Reading camera for reading documents at a table or desk
- Swing-out full page camera for full page Text-to-Speech and placing your signature
- Overview camera for seeing objects and text from a small distance
- Convenient indicator that helps you align full page documents perfectly below the swing-out camera
- Clock function
- Save snapshots
Optelec Compact 10 Specifications
- Large 10-inch high brightness touch screen
- Continuous zoom: <0.5x to >22x times magnification
- 3 High Definition 13MP auto-focus cameras for Reading, Full Page and Overview
- High contrast semi-colors for easier reading
(set up to 4 combinations from a possible choice of 16)
- Reversible USB C connector for charging
- Rechargeable battery offering approximately 3.5 hours continuous use
- Dimensions: 261 x 189 x 36 mm / 10.28 x 7.44 x 1.42 in
- Weight: 915 grams / 2.02 lb